Friday, December 5, 2008

Living in Two Worlds

December 5, 2008

[How is it possible to live in two worlds at the same time? It is so disorienting.]

We can see that humans struggle with this issue. We are trying to understand what it is like to be in a physical body. For us, it is hard to comprehend because it is not in our experience. We admire your position, because it is so demanding. In a way, our life is easy compared to yours. It is not easy for us to see your suffering, though. We recognize the very difficult situation that exists for human consciousness when it is confined to the physical realm. It is very much like being cut off from your loved ones, from your source of nourishment. That is what we are working to change. We want for you to be able to feel our presence as you go through your activities, your ordinary activities. Now you feel us when you are trying to connect to us, when you meditate or write. It takes a special effort of concentration, of releasing.

You have noticed that when you are connected to us your body is more relaxed. That is important. You can practice being more relaxed as you go about your usual activities. Try to see if you can do ordinary tings, like the dishes, while being much more relaxed. You have to be aware of your body as you do these things in order to notice how you tense up unnecessarily. Even if you just learn to do the dishes in a relaxed way, your life will improve.

It is easier to be connected to us when your body is not holding a great deal of unnecessary tension. It is about the energy flows. Tension blocks the flow of energy. Communication with us is all about he flow of energy. The information we send comes on a flow of energy. Sometimes the flow itself is the message and sometimes there is an additional message on the flow, analogous to how you send radio signals as a modulation of the carrier signal. But this is not about electromagnetic energy. It is a different energy, one that can reach across the boundaries between dimensions, between worlds. That is why in your dimension this energy looks like it does not dissipate with distance, as if distance were irrelevant to its action. It is because the energy flow from us to you is traveling in a different pathway thn what you experience in the space/time realm. It is not important to understand to cosmic physics of it; just understand that we can communicate with you at any time or in any place because we live where there is no time or place.

In this way, by practicing some awareness of the body as you go through your day, you open the door to us to enter into your daily life in a more continuous way.

1 comment:

Bill said...

Ashiata Shiemash has spoken to me in my waking hour.
Ashiata Shiemash tells me this.
First, in this lifetime I must continually cope with the stuff I am made of. The building blocks from which I am shaped – my genetics and whatever has been passed into me through my ancestral past – are unique to me. No other lived or living, or will-live creature shared, shares, or will-share exactly my unique divine physical mapping into this world, and no one else can experience life in exactly the same way. Cults and congregations form because their members have a common spiritual need and seek affirmation for their internal spiritual work. But the work of the Teaching is unique to each soul: it can’t be generalized to a common path, even for a group of like-minded souls. It is like light reflected off of an infinite faceted gemstone, creating an infinite number of varied and never duplicated reflections and patterns. Exactly one of those reflections and patterns is my reflection and pattern – however refracted and indirect I may grasp it. It is my task to seek to understand it and follow it over my lifetime. This path is utterly unique to me and is walked by no one else but me.
For each creature down to the tiniest microbe there is a unique path. The very bright creature must strive to align itself to the Teaching along its path. The very dull creature is bound to do the same. The very intuitive creature must strive to align intuitions with the Teaching; the insensitive creature must do the same. Within the human community, introverted and extroverted folk, left handed and right handed folk, straight and LBGT folk, ACD and ADD folk, the utterly gifted and the truly disabled, the very rich and the extremely poor must do the same. Even the most violent of us are faced with this task: a person born with the compulsion to be a serial killer must face this characteristic as a lifelong reality and find the higher Way to deal with it.
But … while my DNA building blocks never change, what I am should change continuously from moment-slice to moment-slice. True, I cannot dictate the circumstances into which I am born. True, I cannot dictate the external circumstances that I face during each of my life’s moment-slices. And true, like Jonah, I cannot escape the external circumstances that impact my life But I am called either to properly align myself with that flow, or remain stagnant and spiritually unproductive in this lifetime. I am called by the Teaching to be open to whatever flows into each and every human moment-slice I live. I am called, not to regret or deny my humanness, nor to attempt to minimize it through spiritual flight and excessive prayer-states, but to live each moment-slice as a human being, adapt to each moment-slice as a human being, and grow spiritually as much as I can from each moment-slice as a human being.
Ashiata Shiemash speaks of this humanness through the words of Pierre Theilhard de Chardin, Ashiata Shiemash says:
“We are not human beings in search of a spiritual experience. We are spiritual beings immersed in a human experience.”
If I am open to human experience, spiritually I can change continuously and grow unceasingly over the infinitesimal moment slices that form my lifetime. To dismiss this human experience from my spiritual equation is nonsense at best, and denial at worst.
Thus Ashiata Shiemash has spoken to me in my waking hour.